.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Casey's mom, continued

I have slept at night behind the wire, loaded rifle at hand, with very hostile gerbils on the other side. I have waded through puddles of blood and body parts. I have one daughter standing at the epicenter of what could become a civil war come Monday. I have a son who will, by year's end, be a grunt in an army at war. I also find myself, in my later years, in the position of being one of the gray old men who helps send young ones off to battle. Not all of them return.

I have said before, and I do mean it: These troops are my brothers and sisters, my sons and daughters. Every one who falls is another piece torn out of my soul. Every one that I see learning to use prosthetics, or a white cane, or to cope with unseen demons, causes me anguish.

I am not without compassion for the parents of the slain. Cindy Sheehan, however, was apparently a moonbat before Casey's death. She is using her situation, and others are cynically using her, to further a destructive political agenda. There is a focus coalescing around this incident. The MSM loves Sheehan's story. A grieving mother confronting the leader of the free world in order to halt the evil Bush's war for oil (or riches, or revenge, or ego; depends on which moonbat you're talking with at any given moment). You can't watch TV news or pick up print media without seeing some mention of her. This morning, on the television news, there was a short piece on a moonbat from Phoenix on her way to join Cindy Sheehan. I believe the name was Cheryl Bolens. This woman compared Sheehan to Rosa Parks, and spoke of Sheehan's importance to the anti-Iraq war movement. What a travesty! What a misunderstanding of modern history and current events.!

I've said here and elsewhere, many times, that we are engaged in a World War. Iraq is but one campaign in this much larger war. The anti-American moonbats, desperately trying to re-create the Viet Nam war, would like us to retreat from the field and surrender our security, leaving that security to the good will of others. I say to these moonbats, you can go to Hell in a handbasket if you wish, but you won't take my country, my children, and my grandchildren with you.

Cindy Sheehan's actions, and those of the anti-American moonbats who are only interested in her as a tool, not as a person, do dishonor Casey's memory. I find increasingly that this concept of honor is something I never have to explain to soldiers, and that is rarely understood by others. If you have never listened to it, try to listen to Toby Keith's rendition of American Soldier. Keith's song is an amazing expression by non-vets, and it speaks volumes.


Parts of this post were excerpted from responses I posted last night on an LGF discussion thread: http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=17006_Unhinged_Mom_Changes_Story#comments

Update @ 0925:
KSFO, San Francisco, received this e-mail from a Sheehan family spokesman-
Hello again Melanie,

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish. Thanks – Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue:
Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.
http://www.secondbreakfast.net/archives/002082.html
http://ksfo.com/showdj.asp?DJID=11187
(Hat tip: gus3)

To Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins- thank you, and G-d bless.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


:: how jedi are you? ::
Today's Terror Warning Level Is:
Terror Alert Level 26

All original content on this blog copyright 2005-2012 by bblatt and FASTAC_6; all rights reserved. Original posts are the opinions of the authors only, and do not represent the policies or opinions of any Federal, State, or other private or corporate entity. Comments on posts are unedited, and do not represent the views of the blog authors; they may be deleted at any time by the blog authors